Wednesday, October 22, 2008

California Wonder

Mommy and I took a break last week to go to Mommy's friend Melanie's wedding in California. We went on TWO airplanes to get there. I am very good at riding planes now, but traveling wears me out.

We stopped at an organic creamery in Point Reyes. I got to watch the workers make cheese, and I even got to taste some! We had a picnic outside because the weather was beautiful.


It's weird sleeping in strange beds. I had to hold on to this one to make sure it didn't go anywhere.


The wedding was the next day in Mendocino. Mommy dressed me up all fancy but I just wanted to get down and play.

Mommy had her friend Aunt Lisey hold me for awhile during the ceremony so she could take some pictures.



By the end of the ceremony, I really wanted to crawl on the ground but no one would let me. I was NOT in a good mood.



Finally, they let me crawl around.


Because we were in California, which is where Hollywood is, I tried out a couple of celebrity impressions. Here is Stewart Smalley:


...and here is Ed Grimley. What do you think?


I had fun at the reception because they let me play with my buddy Wilson! He is older than I am, and he seems pretty cool.


The next day, we went hiking in Van Damme State Park. The trees there were much taller than the ones at my house.


Then we had a cookout on the beach with everybody at the wedding. I played on the beach for awhile and I found a rock. I also ate a handful of sand. Mommy thought it was gross but it tasted kinda cool and different.






Then, I tailgated a little bit with my buddy Mr. Clayton.


Later, Mommy's friend Aunt Jenny taught me how to make s'mores. I really liked the marshmallow part.

It was cool being right near the fire with Mommy.


Mommy's friend Aunt Jenny wanted to hold me the whole time but she had a cold, and she had to wait until the last day to keep me from getting sick. I think I was worth the wait.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Adorable pictures! I'm so jealous you went to Mendocino - one of my favorite places!