Friday, October 30, 2009

I want to be a triathlete when I grow up.

Daddy-O trained over the summer for his first triathlon, and at the end of August, we all went to Charlottesville so that he could do the Xterra triathlon. It rained the day before and we got there late, so Daddy-O was kinda nervous, and he kissed me right before the race for good luck.

Auntie Livi, Mommy and I watched all the swimmers to cheer them on.

Daddy-O finished the swim looking like David Hasselhoff! Go Daddy-O!

Then he went off on his mountain bike.

The bike ride took a long time so I just played awhile.

It was early and I really needed coffee.

Thank goodness they had a great sandbox so I could kill time!


Then we went and waited at the finish line and I climbed up the hills.


I practiced my own finish... it was what everybody was doing!



Then, Daddy-O got to the finish! It was so exciting!

I ate Daddy-O's bagel.

While Mommy and Daddy-O packed up at our hotel, I went for a walk with Auntie Livi.


Then we went to a vineyard, and Daddy-O showed me where all the grapes grow.

I felt like a very grown up little girl that day!

No comments: