We stayed for a few days at the shore in Anstruther, a tiny town near Edinburgh. The bottom floor is the cottage studio apartment where we stayed, and just over the wall and down a big ladder was a sandy, rocky beach.
When the tide was out, we took the shortcut into town by hopping on these stepping stones.
If the tide was in, we had to take the long way, but it was pretty!
This was one great thing about the apartment: Mommy and Daddy's table on top, my jungle gym on the bottom!
One of my main food groups these days is paper.
They also had a special chair for me and I ate my two favorite real foods: cheerios and tomatoes.
Daddy and Mommy didn't want cheerios and tomatoes, so they ate fish and chips every day from this place. I tried the fish and I LOVE it! I see why Daddy and Mommy picked Anstruther for our vacation. Now my favorite foods are paper, cheerios, tomatoes, and fish.
There was a great path connecting all the fishing towns, and we went on a long walk. It was beautiful.
Along the path, there were some kids' swings. It was a blast!
Daddy and I found a cave when it started raining, and he let me touch the walls. They were very crumbly.
This was a nearby town famous for catching lots of fish.
Further down in a town called St. Monans, we came to another church from the Dark Ages. We didn't go inside so I don't know if it is still dark in there.
One day while we were staying at the shore, we took the bus to St. Andrews, which is where Mommy went to school a long time ago.
This is the beach from the movie "Chariots of Fire." I watched part of it on the airplane when we flew to London, so I knew what to expect.
We saw a very famous golf course and Mommy's old house.
Daddy had to do some work, so we all went to the library. They had way more books than I have at home.
Then we went for a walk around the town.
Daddy read the sign in the window and he was tempted to get a haircut.
Then we went to Mommy and Daddy's favorite Indian, I mean Bangladeshi, restaurant in the world. I have to agree, it was yummy, especially the naan and the mango-banana sauce.
There were all these old buildings that no one lives in anymore. Mommy said this one was a castle but I didn't see any princesses.
And she said this was the biggest cathedral in Scotland, but I didn't see anyone going to church there.
We walked a lot so Mommy and Daddy wanted to relax before we got back on the bus, and they had a pint at this place. I don't know why it's called a pint: it seems a lot like a beer to me.
I was acting pretty silly while we waited for the bus back to Anstruther.
Our next stop was Edinburgh, where Mommy had another conference. Daddy kept me entertained while Mommy was busy. He even climbed to the top of a mountain with me! It is called Arthur's Seat. Arthur must have been a big man if his seat was a MOUNTAIN!
No comments:
Post a Comment