Monday, July 6, 2009

Fun on the Fourth (18 mos)

People get really excited about the 4th day of July here, so my Mommy and Daddy and I decided to throw a dinner party. Daddy explained that the special day is all about celebrating freedom, and it sure was for me -- I was free to eat chips and ice cream!

My friend Dylan couldn't come because his mommy and daddy were BOTH not feeling well. What's up with that?

But my friend Anthony and his mommy and daddy came! We had a ton of fun playing in my wag-ee and pushing each other on my t(r)uck.


Mommy made ice cream and Anthony fed me the ice cubes from the ice cream maker. He's such a gentleman.


After dinner, we had a fireworks show in the front yard! Mr. Tom held us tight so we wouldn't feel scared (and probably so Anthony wouldn't pick up the fire). Kind of ironic on a day celebrating freedom, don't you think?

I gave Anthony my sparkler because he liked them so much.

It was fun just watching from the sidelines (see the sidelines?).

Then our mommies and daddies brought out the big dogs -- wow!

At first I was scared by the whistling and popping and lights...

...but soon I only wanted more!!

All the ice cream and explosions must have really thrown me off because I fell and bumped my forehead about 3 times in an hour (last bump not pictured, but suffice it to say, I now vaguely resemble Harry Potter). I guess I did a pretty good job of partying hard!

1 comment:

chels said...

oh wow it looks like you had fun, miss A! we sure did miss out!

rest assured, we both feel better and will bring Dylan to see you SOON!!!!

wud